Read our latest article on Brexit Cabinet Chaos at Bylines Scotland, Cabinet of chaos, crisis and confusion. The brilliant surrealistic image by Dr Patricia Dos Santos Paton, sums up the leadership behind the disaster formerly known as Brexit. It should be exhibited in the Tate Modern. Here is a teaser from the article:
If you were a Martian leadership consultant reading about the politics of the curious island of Brexit Britain, here are just a few of the earthly facts that would come up on your alien console:
- We have had thirteen years of Conservative government. Brexit has consumed five Prime Ministers (and counting).
- Austerity on steroids swung the Brexit vote by 12%. It would have been 60:40 without Nigel Farage’s weaponisation of austerity.
- Brexit has failed to ‘take back control’ of immigration, now running at record levels compared with 2016. Only 9% of people in Britain care about immigration. Suella Braverman has manufactured the matter through demonisation of the small boats issue and use of the mainstream media to install ‘TORID 2023’ – a mind virus that spreads through physical and online contact with the Daily Mail, Express and Sun.
- The planned mega funeral pyre of 4000 EU laws is now a smokeless fire pit. The Minister for the 18th Century Jacob Rees-Mogg continues to pretend that Brexit will give us cheaper training shoes if only we would ‘believe more’.
- Brexit has contributed to the wages-price spiral with identifiable impacts on food prices and wages in some sectors. 1/3 of food inflation is attributable to Brexit.
- The Tories continue to receive funding from Russia to break Britain.
- Brexit continues our love affair with killing planet earth.
- Our law makers keep breaking the laws that they make.
- The much vaunted CPTPP trade deal will only contribute 1/50th of that needed just to stand still after Brexit. And that only after 10+ years. CPTPP contribution to GDP + 0.08% in 10 years. Brexit losses worth MINUS 4% GDP. Do the math.
- Just under 1/5th of the UK population now support Brexit. But our politicians remain (sic) stuck in a 2016 time warp that says Brexit was the will of the people. It no longer is. Just 12 million from 68 million people voted for Brexit.
Read the full article at Bylines Scotland. If Rishi Sunak wishes to win an election, he would be well advised to move towards the centre of politics, to steal Keir Starmer’s clothes. I fear however that he will be forced to lurch inexorably to the far right by Badenoch, Mordaunt, Farage, Coffey, Tice, Putin, Truss et al. to maintain the appearance of unity. This will be their undoing. Essentially Rishi is ‘Sunakered’, as I stated on LBC with James O’Brien recently.