Please read the policy document on the 3Es from Gina Miller’s True and Fair party. Economy, Education, Environment. If we wish to change the state of our country and our politics, we need different and not more of the same. This first report concerns the economy, the main battleground for the forthcoming General Election. Not all political parties are the same although I understand why some would think so. We must expect better from our politics and politicians. To help Gina win in Epsom and Ewell, please go to the True and Fair website.
The full policy document demands full reading. It’s excellent and I cannot convey a good sense of it here. People like to read stuff in a few seconds, but this REALLY needs your time. To whet your appetite, here I include six of the best. Make sure you eat the full meal.
- A root and branch reform of taxation in the UK. By the next General Election, taxes will take 37% of our income.
- An end to Brexit which has acted to reduce UK plc resilience with no collateral ‘sunny uplands’ in sight. Brexit is costing the UK £100bn a year – it is the economic equivalent of trying to swim the English Channel with a block of concrete around your neck and feet.
- Bounce back loans to be written off for the three million people excluded from support during the pandemic.
- Revitalise the high street through a series of measures from fairer business rates, seed funding for SMEs and community hubs.
- Provide greater access to funding training, and networking opportunities for female entrepreneurs.
- Double free childcare hours for low-income families. Introduce High Street childcare hubs and joint child and elderly hubs.