I am bombarded on a daily basis by people who tell me that Brexit cannot be stopped. These are not leave voters but weary remainers who suffer from the condition known as learned helplessness. I concur that it has been a long battle, and many saw the General Election victory as a turning point and an opinion poll on Brexit. However, I must also make the uncomfortable point that Vote Leave would not have given up so easily.
I set out the reasons as to why Brexit can be stopped in “Let’s Re-Boot Britain“.
Students have demonstrated that effective protest works. We must continue for our children’s sake. There is no Brexit deal that will deliver the promises made by Vote Leave and, in any case, all Brexit deals will destroy the four freedoms of EU membership leading to the destruction of the EU itself over time. The 27 members are more important than any single country.
So, here is a long list of things we can do to resist by effective protest under COVID safe protocols. No more objections please. Just get out and do something.
1. Write to your MP to explain why Corona + Brexit = Britastrophe … if you have written, write again … and again – if you are not a letter writer, ask for help.
2. Ask to meet your MP and interview them. Publish the results as a video so they can see you are serious and make more ripples in the pond. Alternatively ask to make a video to your MP with us.
3. Write to the media, making a powerful case – help can be given.
4. Brexorcise your friends – if you need help, read the book.
5. Restart the conversation on social media. Open your timelines up so that your Brexit friends can see you and Brexit have not gone away.
6. Support our efforts to do more on your behalf via Let’s Re-Boot Britain.
7. Be visible. Get a t-shirt, get some stickers, get a mask via EU Flag Mafia.
10. Join our weekly calls at 8 pm Monday via ZOOM.
11. Get on the street. We are arranging silent protests in Kent and also visits to MP’s houses – see explanatory video below.
Silence is assent
“Learned Helplessness” is responsible for how 99% of the good German people let the Nazis Take Back Control.